The NY Jets are expected to be one of the most active teams in free agency yet again. With plenty of cap space and a need to upgrade almost every position on the roster, the Jets will certainly be doing their due diligence.
General manager Joe Douglas knows that the time is now to be aggressive. The Jets have won just six games under his watch, and the pressure to be competitive is mounting.
That's why most expect the Jets to be major players in free agency. That doesn't mean they're going to sign all of the top names, but the team will undoubtedly be in the market for a few notable difference-makers on the open market.
The Jets already agreed to terms with a few internal free agents prior to the start of free agency, but the next 24-72 hours figure to be an integral time for the organization.
Which free agents will the Jets sign? Will they re-sign any more players? Are any cuts coming in the near future? And finally, where are former Jets players signing?
Be sure to check back periodically as we will be updating this tracker throughout the week.
NY Jets reported free-agent signings
• OG Laken Tomlinson — three years, $40 million — Analysis
• TE C.J. Uzomah — three years, $24 million — Analysis
• CB D.J. Reed — three years, $33 million — Analysis
• S Jordan Whitehead — two years, $14.5 million — Analysis
• TE Tyler Conklin — three years, $21 million — Analysis
• DE Jacob Martin — three years, $13.5 million — Analysis
NY Jets reported re-signings
• S Will Parks
• OT Conor McDermott
• S Lamarcus Joyner
• FB Nick Bawden
• WR Braxton Berrios — Analysis
• RB Tevin Coleman
• DT Nathan Shepherd
• OG Dan Feeney
• QB Joe Flacco
NY Jets reported cuts
Former NY Jets signing elsewhere
• DT Folorunso Fatukasi — three years, $30 million — Jacksonville Jaguars
• OT Morgan Moses — three years, $15 million — Baltimore Ravens
• S Marcus Maye — three years, $28.5 million — New Orleans Saints