Heading into Rounds 4-7 of the 2017 NFL Draft, here is every single draft pick the New York Jets currently have.
At this point in time, the New York Jets currently have six selections in Rounds 4-7 of the 2017 NFL Draft. Last night, they made a trade with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to acquire more draft picks.
General manager Mike Maccagnan wisely did this move in order to have more options to play with as he does his best to bolster the roster of the Jets heading into next season and beyond. Of course, the best teams in the NFL know in order to rebuild successfully, it must happen via the draft.
So far, the Jets have drafted safety Jamal Adams, safety Marcus Maye, and wide receiver ArDarius Stewart. Looking at prioritizing their draft board, the Jets are still in the market for a tight end, offensive linemen, quarterback, and yes, a pass-rushing linebacker.
More from The Jet Press
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
Take a look at the draft picks the Jets currently have heading into Rounds 4-7 later on this afternoon:
125. New York Jets from Tampa Bay Buccaneers
150. New York Jets
160. New York Jets from Minnesota Vikings
191. New York Jets
204. New York Jets from Tampa Bay Buccaneers
224. New York Jets
With their recent draft picks, the Jets could very well be in the market to trade safety Calvin Pryor and even defensive end Sheldon Richardson at some point today. That would be a golden opportunity here since it would enable the Jets to acquire even more draft picks. Which in essence, is exactly what the Jets need.
So far, Maccagnan has done a good job with the first three selections he’s made. Here’s to hoping he continues to strike while the iron is hot and leave this year’s draft as a winner.