The 2017 NFL Draft is being held in Philadelphia, PA and promises to be an exciting event for the City of Brotherly Love.
The beautiful city of Philadelphia, PA will be holding the 2017 NFL Draft. It will be three days of excitement, speculation, and just a whole lot of fun for everyone in attendance. The event begins on Thursday, April 27th, 2017 all the way until Saturday, April 29th, 2017.
Taking place in a built theater at the famous Philadelphia Museum of Art, the NFL will be holding a plethora of events leading into when Round 1 starts on Thursday night at 8 PM Eastern Time. Lots of celebrities and fans will flock all around the venue to be a part of history as it’s the first time the NFL Draft will be in the City of Brotherly Love since 1961.
Thousands of fans are expected to visit Philadelphia to enjoy everything the NFL Draft is about. Millions will be watching at home as teams will be on the clock and do their best to select players that can contribute immediately for their organizations.
More from The Jet Press
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
The best part about why it’s being held in Philadelphia is that it’ll be completely outdoors. From tomorrow into the weekend, if you’re lucky enough to attend, please be sure to check out all the awesome events below!
In an article written by Daniel Gallen of PennLive.com, here’s a list of all the official festivities that are taking place all throughout the NFL Draft in Philadelphia:
NFL Draft Experience hours
- Thursday, April 27: Noon to 11 p.m.
- Friday, April 28: Noon to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, April 29: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
NFL Draft Experience highlights
- Full NFL Draft Experience schedule can be viewed here.
- A map of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway can be viewed here.
- Thursday & Friday, 3 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m.: Autograph stage
- Thursday & Friday, 4 p.m.: NFL flag football clinics
- Friday, 4 p.m.: Ron Jaworski chalk talk at Tostitos Cantina
- Friday, 5 p.m.: Musical performance by Cayetana
- Friday, 7 p.m.: College flag football tournament
- Friday, 7 p.m.: Musical performance by Chill Moody
- Friday, 9 p.m.: Musical performance by Strand of Oaks
- Saturday, 11 a.m.: Zach Ertz chalk talk at Tostitos Cantina
- Saturday, 3 p.m.: Musical performance by Tunji Ige
- Throughout: Eagles equipment manager and strength coach demos
Overall, Philadelphia should be a great venue for this year’s draft since they have passionate fans and the city is going all out to ensure a high-quality football experience. It’s being held in Philadelphia since the NFL is now shopping around the yearly event to cities that want to host it. Football fans from all over the country love this time of year and well, it’s exciting when the NFL Draft actually comes to your city.