New York Jets Week 14: Earning Their Wings
Dec 7, 2014; Minneapolis, MN, USA; New York Jets wide receiverPercy Harvin
(16) carries the ball during the first quarter against the Minnesota Vikings at TCF Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports
The Jets fell to 2-11 earlier today, losing to the Vikings in overtime, 30-24. The Jets did perform better, posting over 400 yards of total offense. If the Jets could tackle today, the result might have been different.
With that, there are players that played well enough to earn their “wings”. Let’s take a look at today’s three choices.
Percy Harvin is the first choice. Percy came into this one eager to show his former team that they had lost. The Jets took advantage of that to get him involved early and often. Before leaving the game with an injury, Harvin caught six passes for a game-high 124 yards receiving and one touchdown. He added a 47 yard kickoff return as well.
I have a feeling that the Jets will do all they can to bring Percy Harvin back, no matter who is making the decisions.
Dec 7, 2014; Minneapolis, MN, USA; Minnesota Vikings quarterbackTeddy Bridgewater
(5) is tackled by New York Jets defensive endSheldon Richardson
(91) during the fourth quarter at TCF Bank Stadium. The Vikings defeated the Jets 30-24 in overtime. Mandatory Credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports
Sheldon Richardson played a terrific football game today. Seeing some time on the end of the line replacing Muhammad Wilkerson, Sheldon posted three sacks, one of them for a safety to get the game going. He was even the guy trying to save the game for the Jets, desperately chasing after Jarius Wright before he scored the game winning touchdown.
Dec 7, 2014; Minneapolis, MN, USA; New York Jets kickerNick Folk
(2) kicks a 44 yard field goal to tie the game with the Minnesota Vikings as kickerRyan Quigley
(4) holds the ball in the fourth quarter at TCF Bank Stadium. The Vikings win 30-24. Mandatory Credit: Bruce Kluckhohn-USA TODAY Sports
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
Despite playing with a hip injury, Nick Folk was back to his automatic self, making kicks all day long for the Jets, to the tune of 5-5, the longest being from 44 yards out. 16 points is never a bad day for a kicker, although it doesn’t necessarily mean your TEAM is going to win.