Good morning New York Jets fans. Normally, this is the time where we present where to watch and listen to the game today. However, with the Jets off this week, there is no game to describe in the normal format.
Instead, I wanted to help you guys make it through the bye week. To do that, we are giving you a quick sampling of the top games of the day. We need to use our time during the bye week efficiently, as we know we are all still watching football. What are the top games of the week? I have it here for you.
Nov 9, 2014; Orchard Park, NY, USA; Kansas City Chiefs quarterbackAlex Smith
(11) runs the ball into the endzone for a second half touchdown against the Buffalo Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Kansas City beats Buffalo 17 to 13. Mandatory Credit: Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports
The early slate of games consists of a very interesting inter-conference matchup. Marshawn Lynch and the defending champion Seahawks come to Arrowhead to take on Alex Smith and the Kansas City Chiefs. Both teams enter with a 6-3 record.
The Seahawks have been good, but not the dominant team that they were in 2013. We all talk about their crowd quite a bit. But the faithful at Arrowhead Stadium are nothing to sneeze at either. They can make a lot of noise too. These are two very tough teams that both can control that football with high percentage plays, and also stop an opponent with good defense.
This easily the top game of the early games.
Nov 9, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; Detroit Lions wide receiverCalvin Johnson
(81) celebrates his touchdown with quarterbackMatthew Stafford
(9) during the first quarter against the Miami Dolphins at Ford Field. Mandatory Credit: Tim Fuller-USA TODAY Sports
The surprising Arizona Cardinals and their NFL-best 8-1 record play host to the 7-2 Detroit Lions. Detroit is riding high on a four game winning streak. The Cardinals have won five straight, but are preparing for life without Carson Palmer, at least for the rest of 2014. A lot of pressure will be on Drew Stanton to keep pace with the high-powered offense of the Lions.
A surprising game, and definitely one of the top games of the day.
Nov 10, 2014; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Philadelphia Eagles quarterbackMark Sanchez
(3) celebrates at the end of the game against the Carolina Panthers at Lincoln Financial Field. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
This one is going to be fun.
Mark Sanchez and the Eagles head to Lambeau Field to take on Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. This one will be huge for the Eagles, as this is the chance to see if they can run with a great team with Sanchez at quarterback. At 6-3, the Packers need the win to keep pace with the Detroit Lions in a hot divisional race in the NFC North.
Maybe the top game of the day, folks.