Fans of the New York Jets have already had a roller coaster of a season and it's only two weeks in. They started Week 1 by losing Aaron Rodgers just four snaps into the season, but ended up winning the game in overtime. Then, in Week 2, Zach Wilson threw three interceptions and they were handled by the Cowboys.
Now, they host the New England Patriots in Week 3 action and they're desperate to get some level of production from their quarterback.
I'm going to break down my best bet for the game in this preview, but if you want my picks for the rest the Week 3 games, you can find them in this week's edition of the "Road to 272 Bets".
If you want to tail any of my picks, I'd recommend doing so at Caesars Sportsbook. For a limited time, new users will get your first bet, up to $1,000, on them! Just click the link below to take advantage of this great offer.
Now, let's jump into this.
Patriots vs. Jets odds, spread, and total
Patriots vs. Jets betting trends
- Patriots are 0-6 ATS in their last six games
- Patriots are 5-0 ATS in their last five games against the Jets
- Patriots are 10-0 straight up in their last 10 games against the Jets
- Jets are 1-5 ATS in their last six games
- The UNDER is 6-1 in the Jets' last seven games
- The UNDER is 8-0 in the Jets' last eight games against AFC opponents
- Jets are 3-14 ATS in their last 17 games played in September.
Patriots vs. Jets injury reports
New England Patriots injury report
- Sidy Show - G - Questionable
- Jonathan Jones - CB - Questionable
- Trent Brown - OT - Questionable
- Marcus Jones - CB - Questionable (shoulder)
New York Jets injury report
- Greg Zuerlein - K - Questionable
- Tony Adams - S - Questionable (hamstring)
- Michael Carter - CB - Questionable (elbow)
- Quincy Williams - LB - Questionable (knee)
Patriots vs. Jets how to watch
- Date: Sunday, Sept. 24
- Game Time: 1:00p.m. EST
- Venue: MetLife Stadium
- How to Watch (TV): CBS
- New England Patriots Record: 0-2
- New York Jets Record: 1-1
Patriots vs. Jets key players to watch
New England Patriots
Rhamondre Stevenson: The Patriots offense needs to take a step forward this week, and if they do they're going to need Rhamondre Stevenson to progress. He has been a great receiver out of the back field for them this season, but his running has left a lot to be desired. He has averaged just 2.8 yards per carry through the first two weeks. Look for him to try to improve in that area in Week 3.
New York Jets
Zach Wilson: There's no question of who the key player for the Jets is. New York is back to where it was last season. The Jets have a dominant defense but no quarterback. Zach Wilson HAS to improve his play for the Jets to make something of this season. He already has four interceptions on the season so he needs to cut that aspect out of his game. This is a huge matchup for the third year quarterback.
Patriots vs. Jets prediction and pick
Despite a poor performance last week, I'm going to back the Jets to cover the spread as home underdogs. Both teams have had strong defense but poor offense through the first two weeks, so we're going to see similar teams go to war.
The Jets do have the better of the two defensive units. They've had a couple of tough opponents already this season, but are still allowing just 4.6 yards per play. Now, they can tee off on a Patriots offense that has struggled to produce.
It may be a tough bet to swallow based on how they've performed so far, but I'll take the team with the superior defense getting points at home on Sunday.
Odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
You can check out all of Iain's bets here!