3. The NY Jets will only have one draft pick on Day 2
New York currently only has one draft pick on Day 2 and that might not change.
Although they’ll more than likely trade down from No. 34, it, unfortunately, won’t allow for them to have any more draft capital on Day 2.
More from The Jet Press
- Did we just experience the greatest NY Jets draft ever?
- NY Jets made the right decision trading up for Alijah Vera-Tucker
- NY Jets got a ‘first-round talent’ in Hamsah Nasirildeen
- NY Jets: Quinnen Williams broke a bone in his foot, per report
- NY Jets release reserve defensive end John Daka
In order for New York to trade up in the first round, it cost them a first-round pick and two third-round picks, so in order for them to trade down, they probably won’t receive anything better than a fourth-round pick, along with whatever the second-round pick was.
Of course, this also depends on how far they fall, but it might not be enough to recoup additional Day 2 draft picks.
You following me here?
After there was so much anticipation for Day 1, expect Day 2 to be a little less crazy from a Jets perspective. Since they’ll only have one pick, maybe use your time wisely by going on YouTube to watch highlight videos of Zach Wilson or Alijah Vera-Tucker.
It may not be a wild Day 2, but Day 3 will heat back up again as the Jets are currently scheduled to have five draft picks in the remaining four rounds.