2021 NFL Mock Draft: Picks 17-24
17. Las Vegas Raiders: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
18. Miami Dolphins: Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami
19. Washington Football Team: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
20. NY Jets (TRADE with CHI): Teven Jenkins, OT/OG, Oklahoma State
21. New Orleans Saints (TRADE with IND): Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern
22. Tennessee Titans: Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia
23. Chicago Bears (TRADE with NYJ): Alex Leatherwood, OT/OG, Alabama
24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
The Raiders have been searching for a do-it-all, three-down linebacker for years and manage to finally land one in Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Meanwhile, Miami takes a swing on the high-upside Jaelan Phillips to fill their void at pass-rusher.
The Mac Jones slide finally ends as he falls all the way to pick No. 19 where Washington scoops him up. It seems that the rest of the NFL might not be as high on Jones as the 49ers are.
It’s certainly possible that another team trades up for Jones or selects him earlier, but in our scenario, he experiences a bit of a free fall.
The Jets trade up three slots to secure perhaps their top target in Oklahoma State’s Teven Jenkins. If they want to land Jenkins, they might need to leapfrog the Colts and Titans who are both looking for offensive line help.
Speaking of the Colts, they pull a typical Chris Ballard move and trade back with the Saints who are rumored to be interested in trading up for a cornerback. But given Caleb Farley’s questionable medicals, they opt for a safer option in Greg Newsome II.
Tennesse could target a number of different positions including offensive line and cornerback, but their best value might be Azeez Ojulari at this spot. As for the Bears, they trade back and select Alabama’s Alex Leatherwood who could slot in as a day-one starter at either tackle or guard.
Finally, the Steelers select Alabama running back Najee Harris in what might be the NFL’s worst-kept secret.