2021 NFL Mock Draft: Picks 9-16
9. Denver Broncos: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern
10. Dallas Cowboys: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
11. New York Giants: Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan
12. Philadelphia Eagles: Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
13. Detroit Lions (TRADE with LAC): Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
14. Minnesota Vikings: Alijah Vera-Tucker, iOL, USC
15. Carolina Panthers (TRADE with NE): Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
16. Arizona Cardinals: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
The Broncos could eye a quarterback if one falls to them, but with all the top options except Mac Jones off the board, they address another major need with their offensive line. The Teddy Bridgewater trade gives them some insurance at QB.
Dallas picks the first defensive player of the class, and it’s fitting given how porous their defense was a year ago. Patrick Surtain II is the safe bet, but don’t be shocked if they go Jaycee Horn instead.
Some will question the Giants passing on a wide receiver and offensive lineman, but the smoke is real between Kwity Paye and New York. Paye’s upside is too great for Dave Gettleman to pass up.
The Eagles are fortunate to see one of the best cornerbacks fall to them in Jaycee Horn. Meanwhile, the Lions trade down and still land arguably the top linebacker in the class in Micah Parsons.
Minnesota is desperate for offensive line help and they land arguably the best interior prospect. DeVonta Smith experiences a bit of a draft-day slide, but he falls right into the laps of Arizona who could also consider drafting Patrick Peterson’s replacement.