The NY Jets enter the offseason looking to make widespread changes after a disastrous 2-14 campaign a year ago.
While the mantra of general manager Joe Douglas is always to build through the draft, he will have his fair share of opportunities to upgrade in free agency given the boatload of cap space the Jets are sitting on.
The signing festivities have already kicked off, but they’re likely far from over. The Jets have holes up and down the roster with very few positions solidified at the moment.
And we’re not just talking minor, insignificant holes either. The Jets have holes at the most important positions in the game of football.
Quarterback, offensive line, pass-rusher, cornerback, and wide receiver are just some of the biggest needs on the Jets’ roster. With that in mind, it isn’t difficult to see how the Jets finished with just two wins a year ago.
However, the hiring of new head coach Robert Saleh has brought about a new sense of optimism within the organization. With hopefully the right leadership group in charge, the Jets can make some serious noise this offseason.
They’ll certainly be major players in the 2021 NFL Draft and what they decide to do at the quarterback position is one of the biggest talking points of the offseason. But before all of that, they’ll make a few moves in free agency.
We will be keeping a live tracker of every signing, re-signing, cut, and even trade the Jets make over the next few days. Be sure to check back on this page every so often to keep up to date with the latest Jets news.
Let’s take a look at the moves the Jets have made so far.
NY Jets reported free-agent signings
- LB Jarrad Davis — one-year, $5.5 million — Grade & Analysis
- WR Corey Davis — three-years, $37.5 million — Grade & Analysis
- DE Carl Lawson — three-years, $45 million — Grade & Analysis
- CB/special-teamer Justin Hardee — three-years, $6.75 million — Analysis
- WR Keelan Cole — one-year, $5.5 million — Grade & Analysis
- OG/C Dan Feeney — one-year, $3.5 million — Grade Analysis
- S/CB Lamarcus Joyner — one-year, $4.5 million — Grade & Analysis
- TE Tyler Kroft — one-year, $2 million — Grade & Analysis
- DT Sheldon Rankins — two-years, $17 million — Grade & Analysis
- LB Del’Shawn Phillips — unknown contract details
- DE Vinny Curry — one-year, $1.3 million — Grade & Analysis
- RB Tevin Coleman — one-year, $2 million — Analysis
NY Jets reported re-signings
- S Marcus Maye — franchise tag (one-year, $10.6 million)
- WR Vyncint Smith (RFA) — one-year, $1 million
- RB Josh Adams (RFA) — one-year, $1.18 million
- WR Jeff Smith (ERFA) — one-year, unknown salary
NY Jets reported cuts
- DE/DT Henry Anderson
Former NY Jets signing elsewhere
- OG Pat Elflein — three-years, $13.5 million — Carolina Panthers
- DE/DT Henry Anderson — two-years, $7 million — New England Patriots
- WR Breshad Perriman — one-year, $3 million — Detroit Lions
- OLB Tarell Basham — two-years, $6.5 million — Dallas Cowboys
- OLB Jordan Jenkins — two-years, $6 million — Houston Texans
- OLB Frankie Luvu — one-year, unknown salary — Carolina Panthers
- QB Joe Flacco — one-year, $3.5 million — Philadelphia Eagles