The NY Jets will return home for the final time in Week 16 against the Cleveland Browns.
The NY Jets are riding a wave of momentum late in the season after scoring their first victory of the year last week against a typically-challenging Los Angeles Rams team.
They will look to carry that momentum into their Week 16 matchup against another prospective playoff team, the Cleveland Browns.
The Browns have won five of their last six games and currently sit at 10-4, just one game back of the AFC North-leading Pittsburgh Steelers. Cleveland will need a victory this week to stay alive in the race for the division crown.
As for the Jets, there are dueling aspirations at play.
On one hand, the players and coaching staff will be doing their best to keep the good times rolling with another stunning upset victory. But for the front office and the future of the organization, their eyes remain deadset on the race for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.
Unfortunately, with last week’s victory, the Jets no longer control their destiny. The Jacksonville Jaguars hold the strength-of-schedule tiebreaker, and if they manage to lose their final two games of the season, they will secure the top pick in the draft.
The Jets are still holding out hope for a shot at Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence, but barring an upset Jaguars victory, their opportunity may have been squandered.
Nonetheless, the Jets will have a better shot of winning this week following a positive COVID-19 test that will see the Browns field an offense depleted at the wide receiver position.
Without their top four wide receivers — including Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, and Donovan Peoples-Jones — the Browns will resort to a trio of unknowns to lead the way at the position on Sunday.
Will it be enough of a detriment to allow the Jets to score their second consecutive upset victory? Or will Cleveland shut the door and officially snap their 18-year-long playoff drought?
Here is everything you need to know about this Week 16 matchup.
NY Jets vs. Cleveland Browns: Time, date, and location
- Game: NY Jets vs. Cleveland Browns
- Location: MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Date: Sunday, December 27th, 2020
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
NY Jets vs. Cleveland Browns: Places to watch the game LIVE
- Live broadcast: CBS
- Regional coverage map: Available from 506 Sports
- Announcers: Kevin Harlan and Trent Green
- Online: FuboTV, Amazon Prime
NY Jets vs. Cleveland Browns: Radio info
- WEPN-FM, ESPN New York 98.7
- SiriusXM: Ch. 823
- Tune-In (free trial)
NY Jets vs. Cleveland Browns: The other details
- Weather via NFLWeather: 32 degrees, partly cloudy, 3 mph SW wind
- Injury report: Via NYJets
- Officiating crew: Land Clark and his crew
- Odds: CLE -7.0, courtesy of Action Network
NY Jets vs. Cleveland Browns: More game info from The Jet Press
- NY Jets: Browns will be without their top 4 wide receivers in Week 16
- NY Jets: Scouting the Cleveland Browns ahead of Week 16 matchup
- NY Jets: 3 things on the team’s 2020 Christmas wish list
Be sure to tune in this week as the Jets attempt to alienate the large majority of their fanbase with a sceond straight victory over a playoff-caliber team.