The NY Jets take on the San Francisco 49ers in Week 2. We break down the important information.
The NY Jets are set to take on the San Francisco 49ers in Week 2 in a matchup that seems predetermined on paper.
Despite an opening-week loss to the Arizona Cardinals, this is a very similar 49ers team to the one that was 15 minutes away from achieving Super Bowl glory a year ago.
Sure, they’ll be without a number of key pieces in this game including the likes of Richard Sherman, George Kittle, Deebo Samuel, and Dee Ford, but it’s impossible to ignore the talent that exists up and down the roster.0000000000000000000
The Jets, on the other hand, are fresh off an embarrassing showing in Week 1 in which the team was utterly dominated by the Buffalo Bills in every sense of the word. The box score won’t show it, but this was about as lopsided as it gets.
While the 49ers host one of the most talented rosters in the entire NFL from top to bottom, the Jets are contenders for the least-talented roster — and many would insist that they lead that race.
Some might be quick to state that a potential trap game could be in order, but that notion can be discarded with the fact that the 49ers are already 0-1 and desperate for a victory.
In an ultra-competitive NFC West, a loss to the hapless Jets would be devastating and would put them at a major disadvantage early on in the season.
Both teams need a win here, but only one is going to get it. The result seems obvious, but they play the games on a gridiron and not paper for a reason.
Here is everything you need to know about this Week 1 matchup.
NY Jets vs. 49ers: Time, date, and location
- Game: NY Jets vs. San Francisco 49ers
- Location: MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Date: Sunday, September 20th, 2020
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
NY Jets vs. 49ers: Places to watch the game LIVE
- Live broadcast: FOX
- Regional coverage map: Available from 506 Sports
- Announcers: Brandon Gaudin and Jonathan Vilma
- Online: FuboTV, Amazon Prime
NY Jets vs. 49ers: Radio info
- WEPN-FM, ESPN New York 98.7
- SiriusXM: Ch. 823
- Tune-In (free trial)
NY Jets vs. 49ers: The other details
- Weather via NFLWeather: 60 degrees, clear, 10 mph NE wind
- Injury report: Via The Jet Press
- Officiating crew: Ron Torbert and his crew
- Odds: SF -6.5, courtesy of Action Network
NY Jets vs. 49ers: More game info from The Jet Press
- NY Jets: Top 3 players to watch in Week 2 against the 49ers
- NY Jets: Game breakdown and prediction for Week 2 against the 49ers
- NY Jets: Top 3 keys to victory in Week 2 against the San Francisco 49ers
- NY Jets: Scouting the San Francisco 49ers ahead of Week 2 matchup
Be sure to tune in this week as the Jets look to rebound after an embarrassing Week 1 loss against a tough San Francisco 49ers team. May the odds be ever in their favor.