The New York Jets will close off their season in a Week 17 divisional matchup with the Buffalo Bills. How can you watch or stream the game?
The New York Jets are set to end what has been a wild, eventful 2019 season this Sunday when they take on the Buffalo Bills. To say that things haven’t gone as planned for the Jets this year would be an understatement.
The Jets entered the 2019 season with plenty of optimism surrounding the future. The team had made a few notable offseason additions in the form of Le’Veon Bell, C.J. Mosley, and Quinnen Williams and the hope was that they could contend for the postseason with a much-improved roster.
More from The Jet Press
- NY Jets: Jonnu Smith would be a smart free-agent target
- NY Jets: 3 non-quarterback trade targets on offense
- NY Jets expected to be ‘much more aggressive’ in free agency this year
- NY Jets: Patriots will not use the franchise tag on Joe Thuney
- NY Jets officially place the franchise tag on safety Marcus Maye
Combine that with a hopefully improved offensive line and another year of experience for young quarterback Sam Darnold and there was reason to believe in the optimism.
And now that we’ve reached the end of the year, it’s easy to reflect back and see how each of those things went wrong.
Bell and Williams failed to live up to the hype for a variety of reasons while Mosley spent pretty much the entire season on the injured reserve. Meanwhile, Darnold missed time with a fluke illness while the offensive line took a step back.
Yet despite all of that, the Jets still find themselves at 6-9 with a chance to win their seventh game with a victory over the Bills who will have nothing to play for.
On the contrary, Buffalo has surprised everyone this season as they essentially did everything the Jets were supposed to do. They improved their offensive line, hit on draft picks, and built a solid supporting cast around second-year quarterback Josh Allen.
Throw in an excellent head coach in Sean McDermott and you have all the makings of a playoff team.
With the Bills already locked into the No. 5 seed in the AFC, expect McDermott to avoid risking injury with a few starters sitting at least a half of the game — although the starters are expected to at least begin the game.
The Jets will be looking for revenge after their late-game collapse in Week 1 set the tone for a disappointing season.
The Bills will be looking for momentum ahead of their postseason appearance while the Jets will simply be playing for pride. Who will win this divisional showdown?
Here is everything you need to know about this Week 17 matchup.
Time, date, and location
- Game: New York Jets vs. Buffalo Bills
- Location: New Era Stadium in Buffalo, New York
- Date: Sunday, December 29th, 2019
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
Places to watch the game LIVE
- Live broadcast: CBS
- Regional coverage map: Available from 506 Sports
- Announcers: Tom McCarthy and Jay Feely
- Online: FuboTV, Amazon Prime
The other details
- Weather via NFLWeather: 41 degrees, possible drizzle, 9 mph SE wind
- Injury report: Via New York Jets
- Officiating crew per Football Zebras: Brad Rogers and his crew
- Odds: BUF -4.5, courtesy of Action Network
More game info from The Jet Press
- Jets looking for revenge this week against the Buffalo Bills
- New York Jets vs. Buffalo Bills: Thoughts and reflections on Week 17
- The Jets should build secondary around Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye
Be sure to tune in this week to see if the Jets can end their season the right way with a revenge-fueled victory over their division rivals.