The New York Jets are set to take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 16 and will be looking to play playoff spoiler. How can you watch or stream the game?
The New York Jets will enter MetLife Stadium this Sunday and look to pull off an upset over the Pittsburgh Steelers in their final home game of the season.
The Jets will be on an extra few days rest after last week’s blowout loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Thursday Night Football. And that extra rest has evidently paid dividends.
More from The Jet Press
- NY Jets: Jonnu Smith would be a smart free-agent target
- NY Jets: 3 non-quarterback trade targets on offense
- NY Jets expected to be ‘much more aggressive’ in free agency this year
- NY Jets: Patriots will not use the franchise tag on Joe Thuney
- NY Jets officially place the franchise tag on safety Marcus Maye
The likes of Jamal Adams, Quinnen Williams, and Brian Poole are expected to return to the lineup after being given some additional time to rest up. And for a Jets team that has dealt with its fair share of injuries this season, that’s great news.
They’ll be facing a Steelers team fresh off a low-scoring loss to the Buffalo Bills that forced their backs against the wall. Pittsburgh will be needing a victory to solidify their playoff status and could ill-afford an upset loss.
The Steelers have overachieved this season with an abundance of injuries on offense, but have done so on the back of a dominant defense and an excellent coaching job by head coach Mike Tomlin.
Of course, one of the big storylines surrounding this matchup will be the “revenge game” narrative for running back Le’Veon Bell. It’s been a rough year for Bell who is averaging a career-low 3.3 yards per carry and he’ll be looking for a week-long revival against his former team.
Unfortunately, that may prove difficult running behind a weak offensive line squaring off with an excellent Steelers front-seven.
Will the Jets be able to play playoff spoiler against their superior foes or will the Steelers spoil Bell’s first game against his former team.
Here is everything you need to know about this Week 16 matchup.
Time, date, and location
- Game: New York Jets vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Location: MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Date: Sunday, December 22nd, 2019
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
Places to watch the game LIVE
- Live broadcast: CBS
- Regional coverage map: Available from 506 Sports
- Announcers: Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts, and Evan Washburn
- Online: FuboTV, Amazon Prime
The other details
- Weather via NFLWeather: 37 degrees, clear, 5 mph S wind
- Injury report: Via New York Jets
- Officiating crew per Football Zebras: Shawn Hochuli and his crew
- Odds: PIT -3.0, courtesy of Action Network
More game info from The Jet Press
- Two key defensive players expected to return this week
- Jets dealing with more illnesses to Robby Anderson and others
- Did Ed Reed just take a shot at Adam Gase?
Be sure to tune in this week as the Jets look to finish the season strong with a huge upset victory at home over the Steelers.