How to watch New York Jets vs. Jaguars Week 8: Stream, TV, and more
By Justin Fried
The New York Jets are set to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 8 as they look to bounce back from last week’s abomination. How can you watch, listen, or stream the game?
The New York Jets will enter their Week 8 matchup with the Jacksonville Jaguars searching for any semblance of optimism. After suffering a 33-0 beatdown at the hands of the New England Patriots last week, Gang Green is nearly down and out.
Sam Darnold‘s return and subsequent team victory over the Dallas Cowboys in Week 6 brought hope to a franchise desperately in need of some. But following last week’s abysmal defeat, all hope has seemingly disappeared once again.
Darnold put together the worst game of his football career. The lauded return of C.J. Mosley ended with him re-injuring his groin. All the while the Jets were embarrassed by their arch-rivals on national television.
Where have we heard that before?
But perhaps Week 8 turns over a new leaf. The Jets will take on a Jaguars team looking to climb back to .500 and remain in the mix in a competitive AFC South.
Even with Nick Foles returning to practice, it will once again be rookie Gardner Minshew who is called upon to start at quarterback against a Jets defense that will be without Mosley, Neville Hewitt, and Albert McClellan at inside linebacker.
More from Jets News
- NY Jets: Jonnu Smith would be a smart free-agent target
- NY Jets expected to be ‘much more aggressive’ in free agency this year
- NY Jets: Patriots will not use the franchise tag on Joe Thuney
- NY Jets officially place the franchise tag on safety Marcus Maye
- NY Jets: 3 reasons to be optimistic about the 2021 season
That means that the Jets will likely be starting rookie Blake Cashman and James Burgess, who was promoted from the practice squad on Saturday, at linebacker. Clearly not a great look.
On offense, the Jets will once again be down Chris Herndon at tight end while left tackle Kelvin Beachum misses another week with an ankle injury.
Jets fans will be looking for hope while Jaguars fans will be searching for momentum going into the trade deadline. Here is everything you need to know about this Week 8 matchup.
Time, date, and location
- Game: New York Jets vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Location: TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, Florida
- Date: Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
Places to watch the Game LIVE
- Live Broadcast: CBS
- Regional coverage map: Available from 506 Sports
- Announcers: Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta
- Online: FuboTV, Amazon Prime
The other details
- Weather via NFLWeather: 81 degrees, humid and mostly cloudy, 8 mph SW wind
- Injury report: Via New York Jets
- Officiating crew per Football Zebras: Brad Allen and his crew
- Odds: JAX-4.5, courtesy of Action Network
More game info from The Jet Press
- LSU battle between Jamal Adams, Leonard Fournette
- C.J. Mosley may be done for the season
- Remaining games will prove a lot about this team
Be sure to tune in this week as the team will look to avoid falling to 1-6 on the season. Can the Jets find any sort of reason for optimism? There’s only one way to find out.