1. Kansas City Chiefs Luke Joeckel OT, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville Jaguars Dion Jordan DE, Oregon
3. Oakland Raiders Geno Smith QB, West Virginia
4. Philadelphia Eagles
Dee Milliner CB, Alabama
5. Detroit Lions Eric Fisher OT, Central Michigan
6. Cleveland Browns Barkevious Mingo OLB, LSU
7. Arizona Cardinals Lane Johnson OT, Oklahoma
8. Buffalo Bills Ryan Nassib QB, Syracuse
9. New York Jets Sharrif Floyd DT, Florida
10. Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack OG, Alabama
11. San Diego Chargers Starr Lotuleli DT, Utah
12. Miami Dolphins Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ziggy Ansah DE, BYU
14. Carolina Panthers Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee
15. New Orleans Saints Jonathon Cooper OG, North Carolina
16. St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin WR, West Virginia
17. Pittsburgh Steelers Bjoern Werner DE, Florida State
18. Dallas Cowboys Kenny Vaccaro FS, Texas
19. New York Giants Manti Teo ILB, Notre Dame
20. Chicago Bears DJ Fluker OT, Alabama
20. Chicago Bears Sheldon Richardson DT, Missouri
22. St. Louis Rams (from Washington) Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia
23. Minnesota Vikings Keenan Allen WR, California
24. Indianapolis Colts Desmond Trufant CB, Washington
25. Minnesota Vikings (from Seattle) Kevin Minter ILB, LSU
26. Green Bay Packers Alec Ogletree OLB, Georgia
27. Houston Texans Deandre Hopkins WR, Clemson
28. Denver Broncos Matt Elam SS, Florida
29. New England Patriots Robert Woods WR, USC
30. Atlanta Falcons Tyler Eifert TE, Notre Dame
31. San Francisco 49ers Eric Reid S, LSU
32. Baltimore Ravens Demontre Moore DE, Texas A&M
New York Jets First Round Review
In my latest mock, I have Florida DT Sharrif Floyd slipping to the Jets at #9. I am under the impression that, if Dion Jordan is not available at #9, the Jets will draft the best player available. The best available could be OT Eric Fisher, CB Dee Milliner, or even an OLB (Ansah/Mingo). With that said, If Floyd is sitting on the board when the Jets pick, I cannot see them passing him up. The last time a defensive tackle of Floyd’s caliber was available for the Jets to draft, was back in ’95, when the Jets passed on Warren Sapp. This time, the Jets will not make the same mistake.
Also, if the “Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay” trade goes down, and the Jets have the #13 overall pick, I believe they will snag OLB Ziggy Ansah as well. This would give the Jets a lot to look forward to (defensively) in the future. With Muhammad Wilkerson, Quinton Coples, Sharrif Floyd, Demario Davis and Ziggy Ansah, the Jets would have an excellent-looking front seven for years to come. These 5 players are young and very talented.
If the Jets can somehow pull this off, Rex will end up keeping his job… unless Mark Sanchez ruins EVERYTHING.
Here’s a highlight reel someone made, of Florida’s DT Sharrif Floyd…
As always, thanks for reading!
Be sure to follow @JETSerious on Twitter!