Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul was in Sanchez's face ALL night as he had his way with the Jets o-line.
– Jets’ offense is a mess right now and THAT’S putting it lightly. The O-line continues to be a complete disaster right now as RT Wayne Hunter was completely DOMINATED and ABUSED by Jason Pierre-Paul and is on his way to getting either Sanchez or Tebow KILLED. JPP sacked Sanchez twice and Sanchez was under pressure nearly every play. There’s no excuse for Hunter to still be on the Jets roster at this point and Hunter definitely should be worried about his job right now.
-Run blocking is almost counterproductive at this point as the o-line is getting virtually NO push against opposing O-lines. We saw that last week vs the Bengals and it continued this week vs the Giants as the Jets rushed for 65 yards and 2.7 per carry. Ouch!
– It seemed like the Giants defense was just sitting on the Jets WR’s routes all night as the Jets first team didn’t take ONE shot down field. Jets probably didn’t take a shot down field because they simply have NO one to stretch the field and open things up for the offense and the Giants know this and defended accordingly.
– QB Mark Sanchez was running from Jason Pierre-Paul all night but whenever JPP wanted Sanchez, he got Sanchez. Sanchez finished 9 of 11 for 59 yards and 1 int with the first team. The int was a pass that was behind the WR and was returned for 77 yards for 6. Horrible pass from Sanchez that he will be kicking himself about in the film room.
– Tim Tebow drove the Jets down the field for a FG in his first possession, after that possession Tebow lead the Jets to -3 yards of TOTAL offense in his next five possessions. He finished 5 of 14 for 69 yards. He had a few nice passes but threw a couple of AWFUL ducks to his targets. Pretty scary stuff indeed.
– Jets TE Dustin Keller was only targeted twice. He caught 2 passes for 9 yards. If the Jets are going to have success in the air, Keller will be a big part of that, so he certainly needs more than 2 throws his way especially since the WR corp is so banged up right now.
– The Jets defense was the ONLY bright spot tonight as they managed to handle their business. They kept the Giants first team offense out of the end zone on more than one occasion, picked of Eli Manning and only gave up 6 points(2 FGs).
– Rookie DE Quinton Coples continued his positive pre-season play. He finished with 3 tackles(1 tackle for a loss),a sack and 2 QB hits. Jets should feel good with the consistent positive play they are seeing from Coples.
– Jets safeties Yeremiah Bell and Laron Landry also played well tonight. Landry managed to pick off Eli Manning on a pass that looked like it was intended for Landry and both he and Bell made sure the Giants WRs that caught passes across the middle, paid for it.
– TJ Conley should be very worried right now.
– Replacement refs didn’t have an impact on this game at all. I think they MAY have missed a pass interference call on Wilson in the end zone but other than that, they were OK!
– Jets next game is August 26th against the Panthers. Another test for both the offense and defense.