5) Michael Vick a mixed bag – Vick got 2 series with the starters in the 2nd half. In the 1st one he fumbled the snap then recovered it and tried to hand it to Chris Johnson but that was fumbled as well and recovered by the Giants. Then he led a beautiful 11 play touchdown drive that culminated in a touchdown pass to Eric Decker against the Giants 2nd team defense. Vick finished 4/5 for 35 yards and a touchdown and 0 interceptions. He also rushed 3 times for 7 yards.
6) 2nd half offensive standouts – Greg Salas had 2 catches for 22 yards and a touchdown continuing his push for a roster spot. Zach Sudfeld had 2 catches for 22 yards as well. Matt Simms continues to play well against 3rd stringers and vanilla coverages. Jacoby Ford and Clyde Gates were in a competition to see who could drop more passes and Ford won.
7) Backup defense gets beaten badly for 28 points in the 2nd half- Brandon Dixon got beaten deep for a long touchdown twice, once by Preston Parker the other by Corey Washington, and Johnny Patrick did not have a good night with a couple of penalties. After holding Andre Williams to 6 carries for 1 yard the defense let him run for 48 yards on 5 carries and a touchdown on the following drive. Ryan Nassib was made to look like a competent quarterback. This is the 1st time the Jets backups haven’t dominated the 2nd half. Whether it is the glut of good, young Giant receivers or the fact that they are missing Enemkpali and Troy Davis, who left the game, they didn’t have the same spark.
8) Special Teams – The coverage teams had a few penalties and missed a few tackles. Jacoby Ford fumbled a punt return that the Jets luckily recovered. Folk hit a 31 yard field goal and Ryan Quigley had two good punts and two absolute shanks. The Jets still need a punter. They also need to hope Jalen Saunders returns so he can be the primary punt returner.
9) Injuries – Sheldon Richardson left with an undisclosed injury but returned. Antonio Allen suffered a head injury after hitting face to face with Davis on a tackle and did not return. David Harris left with a leg injury just before halftime but returned. Troy Davis left the game with an undisclosed injury.
The only surprise non-starter was Enemkpali, who has made plays in the 1st two games including 2 strip sacks and a blocked punt, hopefully it is not serious because he is on the cusp of gaining a roster spot. Saunders, Milliner, McDougle (IR), Cumberland, and Barnes (PUP) did not dress for the game other than Enemkpali.