3) Offensive line dominated – The Jets could not run at all and the Bengals got pressure when they wanted and needed sacking Smith 3 times and pressuring him countless others. Brian Winters was beaten cleanly for one sack and the Bengals seemed to key on exploiting him. Geno Atkins had 3 quarterback hits and a sack. Reggie Nelson got two sacks on overload blitzes that weren’t picked up by the back. Powell and Ivory combined for 24 yards and 1.85 yards per carry.
4) Some positives - David Nelson had 8 catches for 80 yards. Zach Sudfield caught his first two passes ever as a professional. Bilal Powell had some jump in his legs when he got the ball on swing passes in the flat. Cribbs averaged 26.4 yards per kickoff return including a 36 harder. Ellis Lankster had two beautiful special teams coverage tackles. Wilkerson had a sack, a tackle for loss, a quarterback hit and an interception.
5) Folk still perfect on field goals but awful on kickoffs - Folk hit another 3 field goals this time from 45, 47 and 50 yards but was consistently short on his kickoffs and it cost the Jets dearly in the final minute of the 2nd quarter as Tate took it back 79 yards for the Bengals and set up a touchdown where they probably would have run once and took a knee if Folk were able to kick the ball out of the end zone.
6) No major injuries - David Nelson left with an ankle injury but did return. Stephen Hill left with a leg injury in the 3rd quarter but also returned.
7) No Matt Simms will not be starting next week - Simms once again faced the backups coming in behind by 40. Geno Smith is the one being developed (yes despite today he is developing well). Smith ran into a buzz saw today and based on his makeup should rebound next week well.