- Santonio Holmes is lost for the season- Our offense was not exactly lighting the scoreboard up on a week to week basis as it was. That afternoon against the 49ers, when Santonio Holmes crumbled to the ground, flipping the ball in the air as he did, we knew we were in trouble. What were we left with? Nah….you saw it, it’s not even worth discussing.
- Darrelle Revis is lost for the season- There isn’t much to say here. Remember the press conference that Rex Ryan announced the injury? It was like he had lost his best friend. Not a pretty day for the New York Jets.
- Jets lose two game at home by a combined 64-9- We knew that the offense wasn’t any good, but over the two afternoons spent at MetLife against the 49ers and Dolphins, we learned how bad they really were. This was the pinnacle of not being able to get out of their own way, as they were shut out against San Francisco, and managed nine points against the Miami Dolphins.
- Tony Sparano- What can we say about this hire? I know! We are glad that it’s over. He was brought in here to be the mirror image of Rex, working with the offense. Well, if you think about it, he was. Rex’s defense doesn’t allow the offense to score points, and neither did Tony’s offense. At times you thought it was golf, that they thought the lowest score would win.
- The plan for Tim Tebow?- No matter how we felt about the guy, and you all know how I felt, he was here. With that, they needed to figure out how to use him, and they never did. They had a backup quarterback, let him go, and in return, received a player that they had no idea how to use. What a big waste of time.
- And finally, how could we forget…………………….
I thought everyone could get a good laugh looking at the butt-fumble one more time.