– 1st and 10 at STL 19, at this point the Rams are attempting to get a bit more aggressive on Tannenhill attempting to blitz him and trying to confuse him. For the most part, the Dolphins O-line has picked up the blitz rather effectively and the Rams haven’t been able to get to Tannenhill. Dolphins come out on this down in a SHOTGUN formation with a single back….Tannenhill overthrows Bess who is covered very well by Fletcher……incomplete pass.
– 2nd and 10 at STL 19, False start……no play
– 2nd and 15 at STL 24, Dolphins back in the SHOTGUN formation. 3 WR set and 2 RB (Bush and Lane) in the backfield. Tannenhill once again AUDBILES as he recognizes the impending blitz by way of the Rams. This time the audible was effective and warranted as he was able to counter it by finding Bush in the flat and Bush running for 9 yards.
– 3rd and 6 at STL 15, Dolphins come out 4 wide, I formation with Bush in the backfield. Tannenhill gets Bess to come in motion and snaps the ball before Bess comes to a complete stop. Bush hits the middle seam and Tannenhill finds him with a great pass for a 14 yard gain. This pass once again being defended pretty ineffectively as the Rams are once again caught looking in the cover 2 and the Dolphins are exploiting the defensive holes between the LBs and the safeties.
– 1st and 1 at STL 1, Dolphins are set up in a goal line offense with Bush and Lane in the backfield. They bring in an extra receiver in lineman N.Garner as he reports as eligible. Tannenhill snaps the ball and quickly finds Anthony Fasano out to the left for a 1 yard TD that was executed perfectly.
The drive was pretty methodical and very efficient and is starting to become the staple of the Dolphins offense with Tannenhill under center; nothing flashy, just high percentage throws that move the chains and that can exploit cover 2 defenses for the most part. The Rams appeared to dare Tannenhill to throw on them and he was able to oblige them and make them pay for the most part, it’s probably a luxury that Tannenhill wont receive this week when facing the Jets defense.