2021 NFL Draft: Prospects 11 – 20
11. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama
12. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
13. Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
14. Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
15. Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia
16. Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
17. Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern
18. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
19. Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami
20. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
Some might have Surtain, DeVonta Smith, and Trey Lance in their top-10, but they fall just outside for me. Lance has elite upside, but with such a small sample size, the margin for error is large. This pushes him down the board.
I’m higher on Teven Jenkins than a lot of people, but he’s a scheme-versatile prospect who should find success with any team. He’s going to be a good pro.
Azeez Ojulari is my top EDGE, but in terms of true talent, I’d probably throw Jaelan Phillips ahead of him. Phillips still cracks the top-20 even despite his injury concerns. He’s just that good of a football player.
Some will also disagree with having Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah over Micah Parsons. I like Parsons and think he’s a very good prospect, but he leans too heavily on his athletic traits and there are legitimate character concerns that push him down the board.
If Owusu-Koramoah lands in the right scheme with a defensive coordinator that could maximize his uniqueness as a prospect, he could end up being a top-five player in this class.