Having signed a record-breaking contract that is beyond the dream of any linebacker, there is no doubt that Mosley will be worth every penny in that contract. That is due to hard facts about the ex-Ravens linebacker. Facts that are part of his record as a player, skills that are unique to him, and others that concern him as a person.
- Mosley has a ball skills that are hard to come by – recorded as the second-most by any linebacker. For the period from 2014 to 2018, he had six fumbles and nine interceptions. 15 takeaways is not a number that is easily achieved.
- He is a tackling machine, and in that respect, he has football skills that are near perfect – with the Ravens, he recorded 597 career tackles, and another 317 during those years with Alabama.
- His defensive record – more than 30 defense passes more than 5 interceptions and the same for sacks and fumble recoveries. This kind of history has only been achieved by two other players in NFL history
- During five seasons, he’s been voted to the Pro Bowl four times.
- As quoted by another player, “C.J., man, you can’t say enough about that guy, he’s out there, and he goes to work, week to week. He doesn’t really say a lot — he doesn’t say much at all — but when we need a play, we turn to him, and he comes up with it”, says Matthew Judon.
And, on a personal level, he has proved time and again that he is a person to have by your side at any time of day or night.
- He is close to his family – he is still nostalgic about sharing a glove with his brother.
- He makes sure that his family is present during important games.
- He is faithful to his school – Theodore High – and in that effort, he still participates in the annual free camp and not only that but, he donates as well.
- His colleagues in a game know that they can rely on him at any time on the field and out of it.
- He has also been known to serve the community on several occasions.
- He is not only eager for the responsibility but as he iterated – he has not come all the way to the Jets in order to lose.
When you have a player, who is not just conscientious about the game, but about family and friends as well, then, that he really is worth every penny that has been paid for him.