This season, the draft scouting staff of The Jet Press is going to bring their “Big Boards”, where they rank their top 25 overall prospects. This morning, we start with the offering of Michael Nash.
1. Luke Joeckel LT Texas A&M- Has the ability to anchor the LT spot for a team for the next decade. Very solid in both pass protection and run blocking. Joeckel may very well be the number 1 pick come April.
2. Chance Warmack OG Alabama- Considered as the best guard to come out of college in the past decade. A true force in both pass protection and run blocking. Has a great technique that makes him successful and was the anchor for national champion Alabama’s O-Line.
3. Dion Jordan OLB Oregon - Jordan was very impressive this past week at the combine which all but secured him as a top 10 pick. His ability to drop back into coverage as well as rush the passer if very valuable. Although he is scheduled to have surgery to repair his labrum, his draft stock will not take much of a hit.
4. Sharriff Floyd DT Florida - since Star Lotulelei has been unfortunately diagnosed with a heart condition, Floyd is soaring up boards. A very athletic DT with a never ending motor.
5. Dee Milliner CB Alabama - Milliner all but solidifed himself as the top corner in the draft this after a very strong combine. Milliner has incredible ball skills and is very solid in man coverage. Like Jordan, Milliner is having surgery in the upcming weeks, but it will not hurt his draft stock.
6. Eric Fisher LT Central Michigan- Very solid in pass protection but needs some work in run blocking. Small school player who has not faced tough competition besudes during the senior bow, but from a talent standpoint Fisher has a ton of potential.
7. Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia - Jones is a very explosive pass rusher who has phenomenal speed which will translate well in the NFL. Jones does suffer from a very serious spine injury which may hurt his draft stock. Assuming there are no red flags on any tests, Jones is a top 10 pick.
8. Star Loulelei DT Utah - Just like Jones, Star has incredible talent. His game is very similar to Ravens pro bowl NT Haloti Ngata. He posses rare speed for a man his size and can clog the middle. Hopefully the heart condition that was found before the combine is not too serious. Wishing the best for Lotulelei.
9. Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU - Mingo is a very raw and unpolished athlete who needs some work. But his athleticism and ability to get to the QB alone make him a top 15 pick based on potential.
10. Bjoern Werner DE Florida State - Has the ability to play DE or OLB, which proves his versatility. Has a wide set of moves that allow him to pressure the QB, has above average speed to go along with good strength.
11. Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M - Did not have a very good showing at the combine, he actually may have hurt his draft stock. But sometimes the combine does not truly show a players strength. On the file this past season, Moore was able to accumulate 12.5 sacks in SEC play, which shows his true potential.
12. Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee - Although Patterson was only at Tennessee for a year, he flashes his great hands and really used his height to his advantage, Patterson has a lt of potential.
13. Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri- Has great speed for a DT, sort of a under the radar type player that may sneak into the top 10.