New York Jets RB Chris Johnson Arrested on Gun Charge
Dec 28, 2014; Miami Gardens, FL, USA; New York Jets running backChris Johnson
(21) runs against Miami Dolphins cornerbackCortland Finnegan
(24) during the first half at Sun Life Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
Chris Johnson’s difficult year continues in the off-season.
Per published reports, Jets running back Chris Johnson was arrested Friday in Florid, on a charge of open carrying of a firearm. Johnson was pulled over for rolling through a stop sign. When asked for permission to search the car, Johnson agreed. His gun, which was licensed, was found under a book bag, rather than being locked up, prompting the arrest on a second-degree misdemeanor.
The Jets currently are not making a statement on the situation.
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
Chris Johnson had his roughest year as a pro, rushing for 663 yards and one touchdown. One would think that Johnson forgot that the gun was out, because he gave the police consent to search. Whether he did or he didn’t, it is illegal and Johnson obviously must be more careful.
Due to salary, I think Johnson is not likely to be back with the Jets anyway. Ivory will be, as well as Bilal Powell, and I think the Jets turn elsewhere to add to their group of running backs.
This is just another headache to be dealt with.