Oct 30, 2014; Charlotte, NC, USA; Carolina Panthers wide receiverJerricho Cotchery
(82) runs away from New Orleans Saints free safetyRafael Bush
(25) after making a catch during the third quarter at Bank of America Stadium. The Saints defeated the Panthers 28-10. Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
This week, we go back to the last time the Jets beat the Tennessee Titans, from September 2009. The Jets entered the game at the Meadowlands and 2-0, while the Titans arrived sporting a 0-2 record.
This was a game of scoring streaks. The Jets opened the scoring with two touchdowns in the first quarter by Mark Sanchez, one on the ground and one through the air to Ben Hartsock. The Titans ran off 17 unanswered points to take a three point lead early in the third quarter.
At the 9:53 mark of the quarter, Mark Sanchez connected with old friend Jerricho Cotchery on a six yard touchdown pass that proved to be the game winner. A late field goal made the final 24-17. Here is the box score: