New York Jets Week 12: Earning Their Wings
Nov 24, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; New York Jets quarterbackMichael Vick
(1) sits on the bench after being pulled from the game during the fourth quarter against the Buffalo Bills at Ford Field. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-USA TODAY Sports
The Jets played the Buffalo Bills at Ford Field in Detroit, and embarrassed themselves by losing by a score of 38-3. Despite that, let’s take a look and see who earned their wings.
Well, it was nobody on offense. Michael Vick looked like a guy who was lost. He played the most uninspired game I have seen in a long time, and that propelled the Jets offense to do absolutely nothing. The Jets never established a ground presence, and the season was encapsulated in a nutshell when Vick couldn’t hit a wide open Eric Decker down the field.
The offensive line was all over the place as well.
Nov 24, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; Buffalo Bills running backFred Jackson
(22) runs with the ball as guardKraig Urbik
(60) blocks New York Jets inside linebackerDemario Davis
(56) during the first half at Ford Field. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports
We can’t give it to anyone on the defense. Kyle Orton has his way with the Jets defense. He had all night to throw, with only one sack given to the Jets. The running backs looked good, running for four yards per carry collectively. Robert Woods had a huge game with nine catches for 118 yards and one touchdown.
Nov 24, 2014; Detroit, MI, USA; Buffalo Bills defensive endManny Lawson
(91) scores a touchdown after recovering a blocked punt in the end zone as New York Jets punterRyan Quigley
(4) looks on during the second half at Ford Field. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports
The Jets allowed the Bills their first blocked punt in a decade. Percy Harvin couldn’t get to the twenty yard line on a kickoff return. Other than the return by Kerley, nothing came out of the special teams, so no award there for the Jets.
So in short, no New York Jets earned their wings. You have to play football in order to do that.