BREAKING: Eric Decker Active for the Jets Today
Sep 28, 2014; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; New York Jets wide receiverEric Decker
(87) scores a touchdown as Detroit Lions cornerbackDarius Slay
(23), middle linebackerStephen Tulloch
(55), and strong safetyJames Ihedigbo
(32) defend in the third quarter at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Noah K. Murray-USA TODAY Sports
For the Jets to have any chance this afternoon, we needed to hear this information come out from the Jets. Thank goodness that it did.
Eric Decker will be active for the game against the Denver Broncos this afternoon. As the top weapon on the Jets offense, Decker will be a vital source of offense for Geno Smith and company.
In other news, David Harris will be active as well. As one of the leaders of the Jets’ defense, Harris will be an important man this afternoon as the Jets try to stop Peyton Manning and company.
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
Both Harris and Decker were questionable coming into the game.
David Nelson, however, will be out. Some may question the significance of his being out, but we know that the Jets need as many wide receivers as possible.
For the Broncos, Monte Ball will not play, as expected, so Ronnie Hillman will get the bulk of the work on the ground for Denver.