New York Jets vs San Diego Chargers Friday Injury Report
Sep 14, 2014; Green Bay, WI, USA; Green Bay Packers wide receiverJordy Nelson
(87) catches a 33 yard pass with New York Jets cornerbackDee Milliner
(27) defending during the second half of a game at Lambeau Field. Green Bay won 31-24. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
San Diego Chargers
Out- LB Jerry Attaochu (hamstring) , RB Ryan Matthews (Knee) , C Rich Ohrnberger ( Back) , LB Manti Te’o ( Foot) , LB Reggie Walker ( Ankle) , CB Shareece Wright ( Knee)Analysis- Some big names listed here for the San Diego Chargers. As you can see, the Chargers will be without at least three linebackers. This is good news for Chris Ivory and the Jets rushing attack. Also, Matthews and former Jet Danny Woodhead will be out this week, leaving the Chargers with their third string running back Donald Brown.
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
Questionable- OLB Dwight Freeney ( Knee), TE David Johnson ( shoulder) , DT Corey Liuget ( Concussion) .Analysis- Another linebacker listed here for the Chargers. If Freeney cannot play, the Chargers will be without four linebackers this Sunday. Even if Freeney can go, you have to wonder how much he will be able to contribute.
Probable- ILB Donald Butler ( Shoulder) , TE Ladarius Green ( Hamstring) , OLB Jarret Johnson ( shoulder) , CB Jason Verrett ( hamstring) , LB Cordarro Law ( Ankle) .Analysis- Expect all of these guys to be active on Sunday.
New York Jets
Questionable- WR Eric Decker ( hamstring) , WR David Nelson ( Ankle)Analysis- Decker is being considered a true game time decision. If I had to guess, I say he plays, but it remains to be seen how much he will be able to contribute. Same can be said for David Nelson, who suffered an ankle injury last week vs the Lions.
Probable- OL Willie Colon ( knee) , OL Breno Giacomini ( back) , DL Damon Harrison ( ankle) , RB Chris Johnson ( Ankle) , OL Nick Mangold ( shoulder) , DB Dee Milliner ( Quad) , DB Calvin Pryor ( Quad)Analysis- The Jets will get a big boost to the secondary with the return of Dee Milliner. If fully healthy, Milliner is a vital part of the defense.