Tommy Bohanon to IR, New York Jets Resign John Conner: “Terminator 2”?
Sep 14, 2014; Green Bay, WI, USA; New York Jets fullbackTommy Bohanon
(40) is defended by Green Bay Packers cornerbackSam Shields
(37) during the second half of a game at Lambeau Field. Green Bay won 31-24. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
The Jets are set to release their version of “Terminator 2”.
In case you missed it, Tommy Bohanon has been placed on season ending injured reserve, after his breaking his collarbone on Sunday against the Detroit Lions. So far this season, Bohanon had posted one carry for three yards, and three receptions for 20 yards before going down on Sunday.
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
In his place, the Jets have brought an old friend back into the fold. John Conner. That’s right, the “Terminator” has returned, ladies and gentlemen. Conner, who was drafted by Rex and Mike Tannenbaum in 2010 in the fifth round, has made stops with the Bengals and the Giants after leaving the Jets, and has returned to fill the vacant fullback spot.
In his career, “The Terminator” has played 50 NFL games (17 starts) and has 21 carries for 88 yards and two TDs plus 10 receptions for 49 yards.
With the fullback position open, Conner makes a good addition, as he has been here before. He hasn’t played in this offense, but he does know what Rex Ryan expects out of a fullback. Conner should make a good addition moving ahead.