New York Jets Sign Two Wide Receivers: T.J. Graham and Chris Owusu
Aug 28, 2014; Philadelphia, PA, USA; New York Jets wide receiverJalen Saunders
(16) reacts after his helmet was knocked off against the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles won 37-7. Mandatory Credit: Derik Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports
The Jets made two moves today, adding wide receivers to the active roster.
The first move was the signing of T.J. Graham. From 2012-2013 for the Buffalo Bills, Graham caught 54 passes for 683 yards and three touchdowns. He was briefly signed by the Titans this season before being released this week. To make room, Jalen Saunders has been released. After muffing a punt in Green Bay, Saunders was inactive for yesterday’s game against the Lions, and now he is gone. He may be reacquired for the practice squad.
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
The second signing was later on today, when the Jets announced the signing of Chris Owusu, previously of the Tampa Bay Bucs. From 2012 to the present with the Bucs, Owusu caught 16 passes for 158 yards and one touchdown. To make room, the Jets released cornerback LeQuan Lewis.
It’s good to see John Idzik trying to help. The Jets can’t do a lot, as this is not a point where great wide receivers are going to fall out of the sky. It’s this group or bust, with some additions. We will see if these guys make an impact.