New York Jets Week 4: Earning Their Wings
Sep 28, 2014; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; New York Jets running backChris Ivory
(33) carries the ball as Detroit Lions defensive tackleC.J. Mosley
(99) tackles at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Noah K. Murray-USA TODAY Sports
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
The Jets lost another close one today, by the score of 24-17 to the Detroit Lions. Time to hand out the wings for the week:
CHRIS IVORY: Chris Ivory, for most of the game, was running like he was mad at the grass. He ran for 51 yards early in the game on a dominating first drive, and finished the game with 17 carries for 84 yards.
JACE AMARO: I am going to give Jace Amaro his first “wings” of his career, as he is beginning to emerge as a go-to weapon for Geno Smith. He is solid in his route running, and has come a long way since training camp. Today he caught five passes for 58 yards.
MUHAMMAD WILKERSON: We have to give wings to big Muhammad Wilkerson once again. With five tackles, two of them solo, to go along with 1.5 sacks, Muhammad continues to be the beast that the Jets are looking for to lead this front seven. Talent-wise, Wilkerson should be earning wings every week, as he can be that dominant.