Jay Cutler, Matt Forte and Brandon Marshall vs. the New York Jets
Sep 14, 2014; Santa Clara, CA, USA; Chicago Bears wide receiverBrandon Marshall
(15) catches a touchdown pass against the San Francisco 49ers during the second quarter at Levi
With an extra day before the game, we get a little bit extra time to prepare and talk about it. It’s a little over 24 hours until game time, and our beloved New York Jets host the Chicago Bears.
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
The three major weapons to face the Jets on offense are Jay Cutler, Matt Forte, and Brandon Marshall. How have they performed against the New York Jets in the past?
First let’s see Brandon Marshall:
Brandon has faced the Jets five times, being on the winning side in three of those contests. He has posted 28 receptions for 396 yards, an average of 79.2 yards per game. Marshall has seen the endzone twice in matchups against the Jets.
Jay Cutler has faced the Jets twice, and won both of those contests. Cutler has completed over 58% of his passes against the Jets, and thrown five touchdowns versus only two interceptions. Jay has been quite good, with a quarterback rating of 98.4.
Matt Forte has played against the Jets once, but he looked quite good in that game. Matt ran the ball 19 times for 113 yards and one touchdown, running the ball at a 5.95 yards per carry clip.
Needless to say, the Jets have their hands full tomorrow night. Hopefully they will be prepared.