Dee Milliner Probable: Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls to Start at Cornerback
Aug 7, 2014; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; Headshot of New York Jets cornerbackDee Milliner
(27) during a game against the Indianapolis Colts at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
Some good news on the Jets’ injury front emerges this afternoon.
According to coach Rex Ryan from his press conference earlier today, cornerback Dee Milliner will be listed as probable on the injury report. Per Rex, Dee is likely to play in the game in some fashion. This is huge, as we all know that the Packers have quite the array of weapons. Having Dee in the fold will be huge for the Jets on Sunday.
More from Jets News
- NY Jets: Jonnu Smith would be a smart free-agent target
- NY Jets expected to be ‘much more aggressive’ in free agency this year
- NY Jets: Patriots will not use the franchise tag on Joe Thuney
- NY Jets officially place the franchise tag on safety Marcus Maye
- NY Jets: 3 reasons to be optimistic about the 2021 season
However, he will not start the game at corner. Rex also announced during his presser that Antonio Allen and Darrin Walls will continue to start at corner, at least for the time being. Rex stated that the Jets will have Milliner on the field in some way, but he will not start.
Not starting Milliner is the best way to go. He did suffer a high ankle sprain, which has the potential to linger all season long. Allen and Walls are performing well, so they might as well ease Milliner back, rather than pushing it and having him risk a more significant injury.
Having Dee back in general will be a plus in stopping the Packers.