Should the New York Jets Trade Bilal Powell to Baltimore?
Aug 16, 2014; Cincinnati, OH, USA; New York Jets running backBilal Powell
(29) runs with the ball to score a touchdown against the Cincinnati Bengals in the first half at Paul Brown Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark Zerof-USA TODAY Sports
Many of you know Sean Durham. He has written for us in the past, and he is very active on Twitter (follow him @SeanLDurham). He posted an interesting question last night on Twitter, so I felt it a good time to discuss it. Take a look at his tweet from last night:
Ravens need a RB…. Would Jets fans trade Bilal Powell to the Ravens for Jacoby Jones?
— Sean Lester Durham (@SeanLDurham) September 10, 2014
So, what do we think? Is this a good idea, or not?
Bilal Powell is a good running back, there is no way to diminish that fact. Powell does a little bit of everything, and he does it well. Here are his career stats to date:
Rushing & Receiving
We knew all of this, Powell does a bit of everything. But we all know this, Powell is not Chris Johnson, and he is not Chris Ivory. When healthy, those two have a higher ceiling.
The Ravens need a running back, thanks to recent events. Bilal Powell might just be a good fit.
The Jets could always use help at wide receiver. The more weapons at Geno Smith‘s disposal, the better. Let’s look at Jacoby Jones:
Receiving & Rushing
And here would be the added bonus, his return stats:
Kick & Punt Returns
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
Jacoby Jones would be a dual weapon that the Jets could definitely make good use of.
Now we look at the rosters. The Jets, as we know, have two dynamic running backs. The Jets do a lot worse than losing Bilal Powell. The Ravens, have Steve Smith and Torrey Smith. Their receiving corp would still be strong if Jones were traded away.
This could work. What do you guys think? Should the Jets trade Bilal Powell for Jacoby Jones? Let me know your thoughts below.