Dec 22, 2013; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; Cleveland Browns cornerbackLeon McFadden
(29) breaks up a pass intended for New York Jets wide receiverSantonio Holmes
(10) during the game at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Robert Deutsch-USA TODAY Sports
It looks like “Tone Time” is back in business, this time in the windy city of Chicago. It was first reported earlier today by Adam Schefter:
Bears and former Jets WR Santonio Holmes have agreed to terms, per team source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 16, 2014
The Bears have been looking to fill the role of number 3 receiver behind Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery. They worked out Santonio Holmes earlier this summer but decided to go another way, at first, but now it seems that Holmes has come to terms with the Bears, to fill that role.
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
Holmes, as we all know, had an up and down career in New York. He peaked as part of the “Flight Boys” in 2010 as the team went to the conference championship, but sputtered thereafter. We had the incidents of 2011, followed by the injury of 2012. Holmes showed flashes in 2013, but was clearly a shadow of his former self.
Now he gets his chance as a member of the Chicago Bears. We wish him and his family the best.