Dec 31, 2013; Shreveport, LA, USA; Arizona Wildcats quarterbackB.J. Denker
(7) carries the ball in front of Boston College Eagles linebackerSteele Divitto
(49) and linebackerKevin Pierre-Louis
(24) in the second half at Independence Stadium. Arizona defeated Boston College 42-19. Mandatory Credit: Crystal LoGiudice-USA TODAY Sports
When looking to an upcoming season, there aren’t only draftees to look at, when talking about rookies. We also have undrafted free agents that have been signed as well. One of whom is from Boston College. His name is Steele Divitto, a linebacker, and the guy we are going to talk about this morning:
Here are Divitto’s stats while performing as a Boston College Eagle:
Defense & Fumbles
According to his page on NFL Draft Scout, Steele Divitto stands at 6’2″, and weighs 241 pounds.
At his college pro day, Divitto ran the 40 yard dash in 4.72 seconds.
Here are some highlights for anyone not familiar with Steele Divitto:
More from Jets News
- NY Jets should target TE Hunter Henry in free agency
- NY Jets: Why the team should target cornerback Shaquill Griffin
- NY Jets reportedly non-tendering linebacker Harvey Langi
- NY Jets: Why the team should not cut Jamison Crowder
- NY Jets should try to sign Kenny Golladay in free agency
Clearly Divitto can play. Here are my thoughts:
PROS: Divitto is quick. His closing speed on the football is uncanny. Just look at the tape, he closes down on the ball carrier as quickly as anybody. He has an excellent nose for the football as well. Divitto can read the quarterback and make a play on the football. He seems adept at pass coverage as well.
CONS: His size is a little bit questionable. Divitto, at 241 pounds, may be a bit small for an inside linebacker, as he played in college, and is certainly too small to play along the line. He may find a niche in the NFL on the outside. He also hasn’t shown an array of pass rushing moves. In college, he can rely on his speed, but he will need to be more creative in the pros.
If he can perform well, Steele Divitto will have every chance to make this team.