Photo Credit: Troy Taormina-USA Today Sports
Mike Evans – WR – Texas A&M Aggies:
-Height: 6’ 5’’
-Weight: 225 lbs.
- Standing at 6’5’’, Evans can take advantage of smaller defensive backs
- His physical presence helps him catch passes in traffic and break away from defenders
- Is a playmaker, especially in the end zone
- Powerful enough to be a viable blocker on run plays
- Has great hands, can catch tough passes
- Is clocked at a 4.54 40-yard dash, average for a wide receiver
- His speed isn’t fast enough to out run the whole opposing secondary
- Only a redshirt sophomore, brings lack of experience and maturity
Evans should be one of the first wide receivers taken in the 2014 NFL Draft. Standing at 6’5’’, he has the same size of Calvin Johnson. His size and physicality will help him break away from defenders down the field and in the end zone. He is very productive in the end zone, as he can box out defenders or jump higher than smaller defensive backs on goal line fades. Evans can also block for the run – his physical nature helps open holes for his running backs. Is very explosive – has two games this year where he accumulated of 275 receiving yards. Could become one of the elite wide receivers in the future.
Projected: Top 20 Pick