Feb 23, 2013; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Texas A
1. Kansas City Chiefs Luke Joeckel OT, Texas A&M
2. Jacksonville Jaguars Geno Smith QB, West Virginia
3. Oakland Raiders Sharrif Floyd DT, Florida
4. Philadelphia Eagles Dee Milliner
5. Detroit Lions Eric Fisher OT, Central Michigan
6. Cleveland Browns Dion Jordan OLB, Oregon
7. Arizona Cardinals Lane Johnson OT, Oklahoma
8. Buffalo Bills Chance Warmack OG, Alabama
9. New York Jets Ziggy Ansah OLB, BYU
10. Tennessee Titans Jonathon Cooper OG, North Carolina
11. San Diego Chargers Star Lotulelei DT, Utah
12. Miami Dolphins Xavier Rhodes CB, Florida State
13. New York Jets **TRADE** (Bucs get Darrelle Revis). Tavon Austin WR, West Virginia
14. Carolina Panthers Barkevious Mingo OLB, LSU
15. New Orleans Saints Jarvis Jones OLB, Georgia
16. St. Louis Rams Cordarrelle Patterson WR, Tennessee
17. Pittsburgh Steelers Bjoern Werner DE, Florida State
18. Dallas Cowboys Kenny Vacarro S, Texas
19. New York Giants Mante Teo ILB, Notre Dame
20. Chicago Bears DJ Fluker OT, Alabama
21. Cincinnati Bengals Sheldon Richardson DT, Missouri
22. St. Louis Rams (from Washington) Eddie Lacy RB, Alabama
23. Minnesota Vikings Keenan Allen WR, California
24. Indianapolis Colts Alec Olgeltree ILB, Georgia
25. Minnesota Vikings (from Seattle) Desmond Trufant CB, Washington
26. Green Bay Packers Deandre Hopkins WR, Clemson
27. Houston Texans Robert Woods WR, USC
28. Denver Broncos Demontre Moore OLB, Texas A&M
29. New England Patriots Justin Hunter WR, Tennessee
30. Atlanta Falcons Tyler Eifert TE, Notre Dame
31. San Francisco 49ers Matt Elam FS, Florida
32. Baltimore Ravens Eric Reid S, LSU
New York Jets 2013 Draft: 1st Round
Notice that the Jets have two first round picks. How? I have them trading Darrelle Revis to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers prior to, or during the NFL draft. In return the Jets get the Bucs 1st round draft choice in 2013 (13th overall), as well as a conditional 2nd round draft choice in 2014.
**Note: Conditional 2nd round pick in the 2014 NFL Draft can turn into a 1st round pick, based on Revis’ # of starts. For example, if Darrelle starts in 14+ regular season games, or starts in at least one playoff game for the Buccaneers, it would trigger a clause; turning the 2014 2nd round pick into a 1st round pick. Therefore, the Jets could be looking at two 1st round picks in exchange for the best shutdown corner in the game.
The way I see it: Both sides win.
JETSerious’ 2013 NFL Mock Draft Vol. IV coming next week at TJP…. Stay tuned!
Thanks for reading!
Be sure to Follow @JETSerious on Twitter!