Welcome to Miami
Party in the city where the heat it onAll night on the beach till the break of dawnWelcome to Miami (Bienvenido a Miami)…
It’s time, New Yorkers. Get those blue blockers on, lather on that sunscreen and head over to South Beach for Week 3, Jets at Dolphins.
In case you’ve missed it, there’s been some drama with the Jets this season.
1. Darrelle Revis. Held out. Signed. Got burned by Randy Moss. Grabbed his hammy. Out for 1 week, maybe 2. Isn’t that special.
2. Braylon Edwards was arrested yesterday for DWI in NYC. His blood alcohol level was alleged to be 0.17, twice the legal limit. In the car with him were Vernon Gholston and D’Brickashaw Ferguson. The Jets apparently are not suspending Edwards and he’ll suit up Sunday. No word on what his alcohol level will be around game time.
3. Jason Taylor will make his return to Miami in a Jets jersey. No word on whether any Jets fans or Dolphins fans will be cheering for him.
4. Antonio Cromartie will line up against WR Brandon Marshall, who has been unable to reach 100 yards in his first two games as a Dolphin. Good luck, Antonio. Let’s try not to slip and fall every other play, like you did in the first two games. Chad Henne will be looking for you, so get ready to run.
5. Mark Sanchez was terrible in Week 1 and then fantastic in Week 2. Who will we see in Week 3?
6. Shonn Greene has been M.I.A. Let’s see if he resurfaces in MIA.
7. Hopefully Ines Sainz won’t be covering this one.
As for the Dolphins, at 2-0, their Defense (20 pts allowed this season)has been its strong point this season. With back to back road wins, the Fins come home looking down on the rest of the AFC East in first place. Watch for Cameron Wake to make an impact.
Key to the Game
The key to the game will be the Jets running ability. If the Jets can run the ball effectively with LaDainian Tomlinson and Greene, eat away at the play clock, and push the Dolphins back, the Jets will win this game.However, if the Jets struggle early with the run, and its defense wears down from being on the field too much, watch for RB Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams to open it up and get the W.
Prediction: Jets 24 – Dolphins 16