Happy Wednesday afternoon, Jets’ fans. Here are today’s notes from training camp up at SUNY Cortland:
- STANDOUT PERFORMER, DEMARIO DAVIS: I guess my request for more defense reached training camp. Demario Davis looked great today, flashing excellent pass coverage skills. He blanketed Cumberland on one play, picked off Geno for a pick six, and nearly had two other interceptions. The man that ruled camp today was none other than Demario Davis.
- ROUGH DAY FOR JACE AMARO: The Jets’ young tight end is going through some growing pains at Jets’ camp. Today, he drew comments from both Marty Mornhinweg and Geno Smith for his route running. He was running bad routes, and not running routes correctly as well. Don’t worry, I am not about to call him a bust, it’s still VERY early. This is a notes piece, so that was one of the major notes of the day.
- SPEED IN THE RUN GAME: Coach Ryan spoke today, at his camp press conference, about Chris Johnson and Daryl Richardson and their speed getting to the outside. It’s been quite some time since the Jets have included this element on the offense, which will be exciting to watch.
- INJURIES: The camp injury list is beginning to grow. Here is the list, as tweeted by Chris Lopresti:
Patrick (hammy), Nelson (groin), Powell (hammy), Pryor (head), Green (chest) as the injury list starts to grow. #NYJ
— Chris Lopresti (@CLoprestiWFAN) July 30, 2014
- JOHN IDZIK IN CAMP: The general manager was seen a lot at camp today. He was seen giving a pep talk to young tight end Jace Amaro, as well as visiting with other players.
For the best deals on New York Jets tickets visit TiqIQ.com