Live recaps from the weekend coming tomorrow, but here are our daily notes from training camp for our beloved New York Jets:
- Calvin Pryor did sustain a concussion: Originally, coach Ryan addressed it as a head injury but was unclear as to whether or not it was a concussion. It was, and he will go through league protocol to get back on the field. It was not while performing as personal punt protector as originally thought, this was Pryor on a kick return, when the returner was knocked into him.
- Standout performers: Rontez Miles and Zach Sudfeld: Miles was flying all over the fields of Cortland today, and Sudfeld looked terrific as well.
- Amaro tweaks knee, not serious: Take a deep breath Jets’ fans, didn’t mean to scare you. Amaro left the field due to aggravating a patella tendon injury, but it was minor. He even stayed after to catch passes from the JUGS machine, so rest easy.
- Vick showing off the feet: I have to give credit where credit is due, and Michael Vick did show the world he still has those fancy feet, scampering for two touchdowns during team drills.
- David Nelson and Dimitri Patterson breakout with punches: A fight is OK, Rex typically doesn’t mind if the guys get physical, but Dimitri Patterson throwing punches will likely draw the ire of the head coach.
Tomorrow we will go “Monday Morning Quarterback” on Week 1, and Michael Nash will add his personal observations from the weekend workouts.