The Jets were in pads for the first time this afternoon at Cortland. Michael Nash will have some notes on Monday from viewing the weekend’s practices live, but for now, let’s get to the notes culled from observations tweeted by the reporters in attendance:
- Calvin Pryor leaves the field with a head injury: As of the writing of this post, we do not know whether or not it was a concussion, but it was a head injury that deserved having Calvin sit out for the rest of practice. It shouldn’t affect his chances to start, as it did happen on day number three, but it was worth noting.
- Chris Johnson sits out: Don’t worry Jets’ fans, there is nothing to worry about. This is simply noted because it appears that the Jets are going to have Johnson on a pitch count to keep him fresh, similarly to how they handled LaRon Landry. It worked out well with Landry, should work out with CJ as well.
- Both quarterbacks were sharp: Obviously this is music to the ears of the fan base. Both Geno Smith and Michael Vick looked sharp. The snap count was still slanted in Smith’s favor, but seeing them both throw well is good.
- Bilal Powell is versatile: Powell might not be as good at the running as Ivory or Johnson, but he has a versatile game, and he is quite good at a lot of things. Today, he was lauded for his special teams play.
- Rough day for Dee Milliner: We know Dee is getting better, but he was beaten quite a bit today, especially by veteran Eric Decker. It’s early, so hopefully he will be able to work out the kinks.