Here are today’s training camp observations:
- Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory both on the field looking good: Obviously, this is great news for Jets’ fans. Johnson was on the field for the second day in a row, and was impressive again, making a “ridiculous” catch, even though it was ruled out of bounds. After a minor hamstring issue yesterday, Chris Ivory was looking fresh, making cuts and showing no ill effects.
- Bilal Powell was “juking” guys “out of their shorts”: Granted it’s early, and these were young players, Steele Divitto and Jeremiah George, but still, this is good news for the Jets. Imagine our running attack if all three guys are healthy, and all running well.
- Jace Amaro not impressing yet: It’s early, the offense is typically behind the defense at the beginning, and Amaro is a rookie. Still, it is not a good sign for the Jets when a guy they are counting on in year one is seen and the following observation is written, “Not the best 2 days for him.”
- David Harris looking young and agile: He may be thirty, but David can still move, getting up in the air to tip a pass to himself and finish the interception.
- John Idzik says the QB competition is not slanted: We know this is not true, with the ratio of snaps being what it is. But, what do we expect John to say? He is not going to undermine what is going on by saying it’s Geno’s job. That would not be in keeping with his mantra since he arrived with the New York Jets.
We will be back with more observations.