Jarvis Landry – WR – Louisiana State University Tigers
-Weight 195 lbs.
- Is a physical wide receiver who is a solid blocker
- Has reliable hands; can catch tough passes
- Is a consistent route runner; can break away from defenders in short distances
- Great hand-eye coordination that helps his ability to catch passes
- Limited speed; does not have the acceleration to get past defenders
- Footwork is average – struggles sometimes on cuts
- Had weaker numbers for the Combine than expected
- Has played less than two “full” seasons at the wide receiver position in college.
Standing at 6’1”, Jarvis Landry is one of the best wide receivers in the 2014 NFL Draft. If the Jets decide not to draft a wide receiver in the first round, Landry will be available in the second. With great hand-eye coordination, Landry can catch tougher passes that many defensive backs cannot stop. Although he does not have the speed like Odell Beckham Jr. (potential first round pick), he can break away from defenders on short routes. Landry needs some more work – like his footwork and strength – but whichever team drafts him will work with him and have their second round draft pick become a potential/reliable number two receiver.
Projection: Second Round Pick