For anyone that hasn’t been around all day, the Jets got the deal done. Chris Johnson, aka CJ2K, has signed with the New York Jets. It’s a two-year deal, and the rumor is that it is for $8 million, and $1 million available in incentives based on yardage.
Craig Hoffman will be along in the morning to bring his thoughts on the signing, but here are some initial thoughts that come to mind:
- Way to go John Idzik, making a move for a guy that has the big play ability, for basically pennies on the dollar (if the financials are true)
- The Jets haven’t had this type of dynamic playmaker in I don’t know how many years.
- Do not expect the Chris Johnson that ran for 2,000 yards. He isn’t that guy anymore. His 3.9 yards per carry in 2013 tells you that. What you can expect is a guy that can play on situational downs and get to the outside for the big play, such as on the screen pass.
- Chris will make the offensive line better, with the element of the screen pass. It will slow down the pass rush, and make the line’s job just that much easier.
- With an additional weapon out there on offense, everyone is better, including the wide receivers.
- We have a running attack of Chris Ivory and Chris Johnson. How sick is that?
Revel in it, enjoy it everyone!