Odell Beckham Jr. – WR – Louisiana State University Tigers
-Weight: 194 lbs.
- Is incredibly fast; can break open downfield (ran a 4.43 40-yard dash)
- Is fluid in slants and other cuts; is a big playmaker
- Has great hands; can catch tough passes from the quarterback
- An experienced punt/kick returner
- Takes the hit, fighting for the extra yards
- Standing at 6’0”, his height isn’t ideal for a wide receiver
- Small frame – needs to bulk up more
- Is struggling when it comes to blocking; may need to get better
Beckham Jr. is one of the fast wide receivers in the NFL Draft, being able to separate from defenders with ease. He started off the season strong, but finished his last four games (Bowl game included) with 143 receiving yards and zero touchdowns. He has the talent to be a reliable receiver and has the hands and speed to be one of the top options in a team’s receiving core. He broke out and became LSU’s number one receiver in 2013, accumulating 1,152 yards and eight touchdowns. With Mike Evans likely taken when it comes to the New York Jets’ pick, Beckham Jr. is not a bad replacement – he had 0.7 yards per catch less than Evans last year. The difference is Beckham Jr. is faster and Evans taller.
Projected: Top 25 Pick