Eric Ebron – TE – North Carolina Tar Heels
-Weight: 245 lbs.
- Ebron has great hands, making him a weapon in the passing game
- Very athletic; is an all-around athlete
- His speed is uncommon when compared to opposing tight ends; can get separation
- Is a viable blocker; solid asset to help on offense
- Can play multiple positions (tight end or slot receiver if needed)
- Isn’t always very aggressive after he catches the ball
- Needs to work more on his route running
- Can be inconsistent at times
Ebron is very talented and has the potential to become a dominant tight end in the NFL. His speed helps him separate from his defenders down the field, which opens up more holes from defenders. He is very explosive in-game, as he put together three games with over 100 receiving yards as a junior. Ebron was close to amassing 1,000 receiving yards at UNC, but his inconsistency in the red zone could hurt his stock. However, he is the most skilled and talented tight end in the 2014 NFL Draft Class.
Projected: Top 20 Pick
He would be an excellent choice for the New York Jets, as we are in dire need of a weapon from the tight end position.