Today was the final practice of training camp, as the Jets prepare for the MetLife bowl on Saturday night. The team was in shorts as they practiced inside due to inclement weather. It was not open to the public but it was open to beat reporters, so here are some points of note:
- Quarterbacks looking sharp: There has been no official announcement on the starting quarterback yet, but both Geno Smith and Mark Sanchez looked sharp. Geno spent more time with the one’s for the fourth day straight, but we’ll wait for official word rather than assume
- No practice for Milliner: The rookie CB was off to the side today, while defensive plays were installed for Saturday night. It doesn’t appear likely that Milliner will play Saturday night. Kyle Wilson was used at his position with the first unit. Cro was on the side at times as well, but no word about him having an injury. He sat out of team drills.
- No practice for Braylon Edwards: For the fourth day in a row, no practice for the veteran WR. Combining that with the fact that the team signed Mohamed Massoquoi earlier, you have to wonder if Braylon is the odd man out at wide receiver.
- Santonio Holmes works out again: The mystery of Santonio Holmes continues. He again was out on the practice field today, running and catching passes. He was observed to be planting quite well. A rumor reported that he is cleared to work out by doctors, but Santonio is milking it to avoid preseason. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen, as it was reported by the Post this morning.
- Vlad Ducasse with first team at LG: Vladimir is clearly earning favor with the coaching staff. He spent time this morning at left guard with the ones. Vlad told reporters that he is slated to start at LG on Saturday night.