As the Jets prepare to take on the Giants Saturday night, here are some thoughts from practice at Florham Park:
- Geno Smith sharp: It seems as if Geno had a better day than he did yesterday. Other than an interception in 7 on 7 drills, he was perfect, and was moving well. He got the majority of the day’s reps, and was working against the scout team. We know what that likely means, will have it here if/when it becomes official.
- Greg McElroy not sharp: My point earlier about Matt Simms having a chance to make the team as third string may be coming true. McElroy was intercepted on multiple occasions in today’s session.
- Antonio Allen looking good: Antonio may be making a decent bid to start opposite Dawan Landry after all. Onlookers said he was all over the field today making plays, including a leaping INT of McElroy.
- Vlad works with the ones: Maybe the Jets do have more faith in Vlad than I do, and than most of us do. Today, Vladimir was working with the starting unit at left guard. Will he start on Saturday? We shall see.
- Alumni in attendance: Several former Jets were in attendance at practice today, including Joe Klecko, Marty Lyons, Bruce Harper, Rocky Klever, and Freeman McNeil. Coach Ryan was mingling with the old members today, they got to go off with their positions during position drills, and break down the post-practice huddle. Good job out of the Jets with that today.